Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Accessories, Part V

We've made it to the final necklace. Part V of the Spring Accessories series. Very fitting that this is the first offical day of spring! (And a glorious day it is-high temperature 75! Unheard of for March in Maryland.) Which also means that I really need to come up with some new content. Don't worry, I just might have a few ideas tucked away. This time, I've made a multi-chain necklace, inspired by the Velvet Chain Brocade Necklace, found on Craftzine. I didn't have velvet or brocade, so it's not exactly the same thing, but pretty close. I was at a bit of a loss when trying to find fabric to use. I didn't have anything neutral enough in my fabric stash of home dec fabrics so I ended up using a scrap of some old jeans. I didn't add the bow because I'm just not a "bow" person. But now looking at it, I think it may look a bit more finished if I used some sort of a flat wide bead instead of the fabric circles. I think this one may deserve a revisit. The concept was good, but I feel like my final product might be able to get a bit better. Perhaps another trip to Beadazzled is in store!
(I am also a little too excited that I finally figured out how to customize my header!! Pretty, no?)

No comments:

Post a Comment