Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One Yard Wonders, Jewelry Roll

Several months ago, I bought the much touted "One Yard Wonders" book. A really good concept-all of the projects use one yard of fabric, or less. It's actually a very nice book, clearly written instructions, beautiful photos. A few nights ago, while watching Dancing with the Stars (Kate Gosselin, what were you thinking? I definitely need to give up reality TV), I decided to try my hand at the Jewelry Roll. I have no idea why I made this project, my sister actually gave a really nice travel jewelry case for Christmas. Perhaps I can use it for my bigger necklaces? That and what they say about idle hands... It was actually very easy and didn't take me much longer than an hour to complete, including cutting. Not to mention, did not even come close to using a yard of fabric. I think it also might look nice with different fabrics, sort of a patchworky look. Could be a good use of scraps. I didn't add the ring strip, since I never wear rings. And I think that I'll shorten the tying ribbons. This fabric is from Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party collection. Isn't it pretty? Would make a nice present, no?
I'm off for a little over a week, to visit some of my favorite friends and family, in two different locations (and by the time it's all said and done, by way of 4 different flights). Luckily, this will include visiting the three most gorgeous, charming, intelligent and adorable children that have ever set foot on this earth. And no, I am not the least bit biased. Unless I come up with something to make on the road (well, you never know), I won't be posting for a while. And just maybe, I'll make you sit through my vacation slides when I get back. There is, after all, a winery tour and an Easter golf cart parade in the plans. Happy Easter! Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. That came out really great! I just came to your blog from your post on the OYW Facebook page, and I really like the concept of your blog. I always prefer to use tutorials that have been done by others first. :)

    By the way, we're neighbors. I am in Catonsville. If you have any tips on neat fabric stores in the area, I am all ears.

    ReplyDelete