Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Craft: Sleep Mask

I have a very good friend. That is very hard to buy for! (And if you happen to read this, I mean this in the best way possible!) She is also one of those unfortunate people that have a December birthday. Not only a December birthday, but one just a couple days from Christmas. The worst! I had picked up a few things for her but was trying to think of something she really wanted. Then she mentions that she wanted a Sleep Mask, but couldn't find one. So I began a massive search for a Sleep Mask, but to no avail, could not find one! Being the resourceful person that I am, I decided to make her one. I found this tutorial on Prudent Baby. I used their pattern, but used fabric interlined with fusible fleece for the front and just a simple black quilting cotton on the back. She also happens to be the only person I know who likes to wear glasses, so I dug into my "for special occasion" fabric stash, this happens to be Echino by Etsuko Furuya.
I believe that this brings me to the end of my Christmas Crafts. I LOVE to make things all year long, but there is a certain joy that comes from making things specifically for people. With that, I wish you a Merry Christmas! I'm certain to be back after the new year. With the new year comes many, many new projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment