Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Crafts: DIY Monogram Mug

These monogram mugs can be found all over the internet as well as all over the market place. I knew I had to try my hand at this. Last week was quite harried, but I had like 5 minutes to kill before a hair appointment the other evening, so I popped into my local goodwill and scoured the shelves for white mugs. I managed to find 4 that were in really good shape. The original directions for this project can be found here. They call for using graphite tracing paper to transfer the image onto the mug. I couldn't find any of this, so I printed out letters in illustrator (rockwell) then cut out each letter, used double stick tape to apply the letter to the mug, and traced around it with a pencil. I also couldn't find porceline pens (I could only handle a trip to one crafty shop this weekend, and had to pick up fabric, so Joann's was the only stop-their real artist supplies aisle is a little lacking.) So I ended up purchasing a Deco Art glass paint marker. I wish they had a finer tip, but I made it work. They still turned out pretty well. I have two more mugs left. Trying to decide who should get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment