Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Craft: If at First You Don't Succeed...

I try to be an honest person, so I have to fess up. Apparently, dough and I are not friends. After my post, about the salt dough ornaments, things went awry. I set the oven low and let them bake (dry out) for 4 hours. I wonder if it was too long... when I took them out, they looked, well dried out. Perhaps I didn't knead the dough for long enough. There were tiny cracks in it when I rolled it out. I had to throw that batch out. So I turned to the craft store and purchased some Crayola Model Magic clay. Even easier than making salt dough! All I had to do is open the package! After cutting them out and stamping them, I just let them dry for 3 days. That's it. They turned out smooth and white. Just like I had pictured! A simple and easy way to dress up simply wrapped gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment