Monday, April 22, 2013

More Vegetables in Your Diet




This is not an uncommon problem.  We all need more vegetables in your diet.  I had a few aging tomatoes in my fruit basket and was looking for a way to use them.  After a few on line searches, I came across pizzas.  On flat breads.  Like this one from Pioneer Woman.  I don't like salads, but pizza...who doesn't like pizza?  So I bought some mushrooms and zucchini.  Roasted them, along with the old tomatoes, in a 425 oven and set them aside until I was ready to make my pizza.  I also broiled a few chicken cutlets marinated in Italian salad dressing (about 7 minutes per side) to add to the pizza (if you've read this blog ever, you know I'm all about protein).  The next steps were easy.  I had purchased some naan flat bread, spread a little prepared pizza sauce (purchased near the spaghetti sauce), topped the sauce with the roasted vegetables and chicken, followed by some shredded cheese and baked the whole thing for about 7 minutes in a 450 degree oven.  I also had a simple salad on the side (even more veggies)!  And there you have it.  A very easy dinner.  Lots and lots of vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment