Friday, January 11, 2013

4 Things.

Hello!  Hope that January is treating everyone well.  If you happen to be feeling a little blue (winter does that to me), a certain You Tube video has been making me smile.  The Psy "Gangnam Style" popularity may have faded a bit, but have you seen the Psy and MC Hammer budding partnership?  Nothing excited this former pom pom girl more than seeing these two pair up with a Gangnam Style/2 Legit 2 Quit (or was it called "Hammer Time"?) medley.  I saw this on New Year's Eve, but apparently it was first performed on the American Music Awards.  At any rate, these guys can dance.  (MC Hammer, he still has it.)

And now on to this week's 4 Things...
Read:  I felt rather validated by NPR's 2012 In Review: 50 Wonderful Years from the Year in Pop Culture.  I do love pop culture and try to stay up on it.  It isn't hard really, you just have to read a lot, watch the real news as well as entertainment news.  This article mentioned several things that I loved from last year's TV watching:  Bunheads, The Roots appearing on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and Happy Endings.  All shows I highly suggest!!

Watch (theoretically):  In the same vein, this is a very interesting article about "the 2nd screen."  A whole new way to watch TV.  You'll never see reality TV the same way again. 

Eat:  Confession time.  I don't like salads.  I know.  My mother does not approve.  But it's true.  They are just too big and take too long to eat.  And did you know that they aren't always the best choice on the menu?  All of that stuff that restaurants add to salads that make them taste good are usually very high in calories.  And you might as well just order the cheeseburger like you wanted to in the first place. On the other hand, I really do try to eat well.  And could benefit from more salad in my diet. Especially if it is a salad that I make myself and know that it's low in calories and processed foods.  I made a salad out of the following ingredients for lunch this week:
Roasted Butternut Squash
Apple
Kalamata Olives
Feta Cheese
Mixed Lettuce Greens
-Drizzled with a very simple dressing of olive oil and red wine vinegar. 
(Inspired from a Real Simple recipe that was in my January issue, but cannot be found on their website.)
It really wasn't bad.  I would recommend possibly adding some chicken, to increase the protein.  But overall, good for a salad.

Drink:  It's no secret that I love brunch.  And a good bloody mary.  Here's a new take on the old classic from A Beautiful Mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment