Friday, December 21, 2012

4 Things.

There are some inexplicable tragedies at schools that I have seen in my lifetime, Columbine, the Amish school in PA, Virginia Tech and now the Newtown, CT shootings (to name a few).  I'm never sure how to handle these sort of events, but to pray to the victims, to pray for our great country and to pray for peace.  And to hold close my loved ones and be thankful for the miracle of having them in my life. 
As we enter the week of Christmas, may we all find the joy and peace of the season, remember that the little things are the big things and be mindful of the real reason for the season.
Below, are a few pictures from New York City, taken during a recent visit.  I love New York, it's big and bustling, but exhilarating.  It always feels full of possibility. 
The window displays were so amazing!  Although difficult to photograph, lots of glare from the windows.  But here's a good one I took at Bergdorf's.  A little gingerbread house made of glass and jewels.
 We also went to the Met to see the Matisse exhibit, which was amazing!  We also were able to see this tree, equally amazing! 
The tree at Rockefeller Center
Below are just a few good shots of some ornaments.  Because we all need a little Christmas.



-After all the heavy eating, we all need a light and healthy meal.  I can't wait to try this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken & Black Bean Tacos, from Skinny Taste.

-I'm pretty sure I don't have the space for this, but I love this idea for a Living Succulent Tree from Prudent Baby.

-Want to make a gingerbread house, but have a more modern taste in architecture?  Take a look at this Modern Gingerbread House from Oh Happy Day.  (And a little tip from me, as long as you won't be eating this, don't be afraid to construct your gingerbread house with hot glue.  Leave the frosting for the decoration.)

-Are you sick to death of bad Christmas music?  (I actually LOVE music and especially Christmas music, but let's face it, some of it is just not good.)  But think you might like a little something to raise your holiday spirits?  Here are my favorite albums.
-The Hotel Cafe presents Winter Songs.  
-A Very Special Christmas.  This 20+ year old album is still one of my favorites.  The Whitney Houston version of "Do You Hear What I Hear" always makes me a little weepy.  It's that good. 
-A Motown Christmas is actually from the 70's and a true classic.  Stevie Wonder has a few hits on this one.  Enough said.

-Are you still looking for a something quick and easy to give to neighbors or co-worker or maybe the school secretary?  This recipe for Eggnog Bread looks easy and festive!  From Evy's Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment