Friday, December 14, 2012

4 Things.

I've been working on a few Christmas crafts over the past week.  We had a stocking decorating contest at my office this week.  Here is my entry.  Cute, no?  I kept it pretty simple, added some pom pom trim, rolled flowers and stamped my name on some kraft paper.  I didn't win, but it was still a fun little project. 

We also had a secret santa gift exchange.  I was lucky enough to pick a friend's name.  We were able to list three gift ideas and one of her requests was a plant.  I put together this terrarium for her.  Doesn't it look cute on her desk?  I just might have to make one for myself!  (A close up of the little handmade mushrooms can be found here.  I had a few extras.)

Now that the season is really upon us, I plan on using this Fancy Christmas Bow tutorial from According to Kelly, while wrapping gifts next week.
Looking a for a fairly easy afternoon project?  I'd love to give this DIY Christmas Tree Repurposed Jar Snow Globe tutorial a try, from Makely School for Girls
I'm going to close today's post with a two ideas for edible gifts for neighbors or coworkers.
-Chocolate Drizzled Carmel Popcorn, from eighteen 25.  I love this idea.  You can make a big batch, package it in some cello bags, tie on a pretty ribbon and you have a beautiful present!  For quite a few people all at once.
 -Candy Cane Kisses Cookies, from The Larson Lingo.  My sister mentioned that we might do some baking with her kids, during my visit.  I think this cookie has lots of things kids could help with.  Making the dough, rolling balls before baking, unwrapping the kisses, topping the cookie with the kisses....  I'm going to suggest this one!  (This blog post is also a "linky party" for cookie recipes, so there might be some other great ideas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment