Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to School Wristlet

It's been a cool and rainy Saturday. I ran a few errands this morning, but then got caught in a torrential downpour (is there any other sort of storm in the summer in Maryland?) and ended up at home earlier than expected. Soaking wet. Itching for a project. I poked around my fabric stash and my list of future projects and made this. Because I need a new wristlet. (I say facetiously. If there is one thing I'm not short on, it's wristlets!) This was a perfect project for a rainy weekend afternoon. Uncomplicated, easy and relatively instant gratification. The pattern and instructions were found on Made By Rae. I varied it a bit. I didn't have striped fabric on hand, so I obviously didn't do the piecing on the main body, no chevron here. I also have yards and yards of cotton strapping, so I used that for my strap. I also used a fusible fleece as an interlining to give it a little body. I had purchased this fabric last year, it's by Etsuko Furuya, the Echino Ni-Co line, the Glasses Print in Fuschia. The lining fabric is an apple print purchased at Joann's. The two prints together sort of make me think of back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment