Thursday, September 23, 2010

Map Bracelet

I've been rather under the weather this week. I'm fairly certain I caught a virus from an airplane over the weekend. But a rather long and difficult day business trip to Allentown on Wednesday did me in. This too shall pass, but it has kept me home more than I would like. This afternoon, after I finished my work (I ended up working from home, given that it's difficult to conduct business with laryngitis), to keep my sanity, I decided to do a little crafting. I had picked up two wooden bracelets, covered in rather garish "asian" printed polyester, in the Target Dollar Spot for .50 each a few weeks ago, knowing that something could be done with them. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of them in their original state. I was too anxious to see how easily the fabric would come off. It came off very easily. They sat here uncovered for a few weeks until tonight. I decided to decoupage one of them with some map scrapbook paper. Just cut it into 1/2" wide strips, brushed some modge podge onto the back of each strip and wrapped them around. Then gave the whole thing a couple of modge podge coats and let it dry. Now...to think of what I should do with the other one...

No comments:

Post a Comment