Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mastering the Art of French Knotting

I have very vivid memories of being on road trips with my parents, my father, always driving and my mother, keeping him company and working on her embroidery. I specifically remember her working on a set of pillow fronts that were hospitality pineapples made entirely of french knots. I was always eluded by the french knot for some reason. It seemed complex and difficult. Well, turns out, it isn't. In fact, it's incredibly easy. You too, can learn how to french knot with this video lesson, found on Early Bird Special. Early Bird Special also has lots of free embroidery patterns. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Whatever happened to those pineapple pillows? I remember that vividly too! Also you getting sick from eating too many chocolate covered graham crackers!

    ReplyDelete