Monday, October 10, 2011

Travel Pouch

Ahh, travel. I know that some people actually enjoy the act of flying or in the very least tolerate it well. I, on the other hand, do not. It is a necessary evil for me. I have to travel for work for time to time and I would do anything to see my family that lives about 800 miles away. For domestic flights, I vacillate between constant distraction and praying without ceasing. I like to have all of my distraction items readily available, so that I'm not forever trying to get things from my bag under my seat. On the last flight I was on, I had my kindle, iPhone and magazine all piled on my lap, when my tiny iPhone slipped from my lap and fell onto the floor! Retrieving something from the floor on an airplane when you are in a window seat is nearly impossible and led to several stressful moments. Luckily, the nice man behind me did spot it and kicked it forward to me under the seat. But I told myself there and then that I need some sort of pouch to keep my iPhone and it's accompanying cords with me the next time I travel. Something more secure to keep everything in and easier to keep track of. I happened to be at Target over the weekend and came across this "mini runner" on a clearance end cap and a light bulb went off in my mind. It was a super bargin at $1.48. This mini runner (intended to go on your dining room table) is made of vinyl. It sort of looks likes it's woven and it's printed with a fun white and red screenprint (supposedly the skyline of NYC). Because it's a heavy vinyl and won't unravel, I could leave all of the ends unfinished. I attached velcro for a closure (so nothing will fall out) and stitched up the sides. My iPhone is now safe to take flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment