Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ring A Ding Ding

If you know me at all, you know that I never wear rings. Never ever. I have incredibly sensitive skin and rarely even wear earrings, so I always figured that rings would be itchy and uncomfortable. But then I saw this tutorial...on Smashed Peas and Carrots. And thought I'd make one. Maybe I could wear one from time to time. It was more difficult than I would have expected to find the "adjustable ring blank with pad", I couldn't find them at Michael's or Joann's, but then found one at Hobby Lobby. I ended up using a ribbon that I had saved from a shopping bag handle, so I didn't bother getting a glaze. And I figured that I probably wouldn't wear it too often. This was a very quick project, probably took 5 minutes to put together. The most difficult part for me was finding my glue gun! Sadly, maybe the ribbon wasn't the best choice (perhaps a little thick), it didn't turn out perfectly, but still a fun thing to wear for the summer! I also think it would be fun to make a ring from an old brooch or an old ornate button. I think there might be some antiquing my my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment