Sunday, January 19, 2014

Throw Pillows


 
When I moved, I left my old couch behind and bought a new one upon arrival.  I love it, but it's just a basic gray and knew it needed a pop of color.  Throw pillows were definitely needed.  I looked and looked for weeks and weeks, never quite finding pillows that suited my style and budget.  That's when I realized that making pillows was well within my skill set.  I could easily buy fabric that I loved and make my own pillows.  I used this tutorial for DIY Envelope Pillows from The Happy Housie.  So easy.  Once you have all of the fabric and pillow forms, you can really make a throw pillow in minutes!  I also kept an eye on the Joann's sales and was able to get all of my pillow forms for 40-50% off.  If you happen to live near an IKEA, you can get pillow forms there for about $5.  Since I wanted these pillows to be special and am often disappointed with the fabric selection at the big box commercial fabric stores, I ordered all fabric for these pillows from Fabric Worm.  I'm partial to their Japanese Import Fabric section.  I only used the "special" fabric for the front of the pillows and used coordinating prints that I had in my stash for the back of the pillows. In the very least, this cold weather has given me time to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment