Sunday, July 17, 2011

Artscape 2011

I've lived here in Baltimore for 5 years and before this weekend, never had attended Artscape. Which I am told is the largest free art fair in the US. I finally went this weekend. I went early and didn't really stay that long. But I enjoyed it. I had intended to take lots of pictures while I was there, but I was completely distracted by the art (imagine that, at an art fair) and forgot to take one picture! I mostly walked around the "artist's village" where local artists sold their wares. They had pottery, hand printed knits, jewelry, handbags, stationary, paintings, sculptures, you name it! I bought a couple of things.

I bought this really cute goldfish print from Fuzzy Mug, a local artist, who will also do a custom portrait of your pet. It's an 8x10 print and I found the perfect frame at Target. I'm hanging it up in my bedroom shortly.

The other thing I bought was this grab bag of fun little items, for only $2, about a 1/4 yard of this fun Fiat fabric, along with 5 random zippers and two widths of bias tape. I plan on using all of it to make a wristlet. Now to only find fabric to coordinate with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment