Saturday, November 6, 2010

Oh, Deer...

This weekend, I decided to try some freezer paper stenciling. You can find the basic instructions here. Turns out that I don't have an x-acto knife (hard to believe, I know) and am pretty adept with scissors, so that worked out fine for me. I also didn't buy specific fabric paint, I bought a textile medium and mixed it with very inexpensive craft paints (2/$1), which was far less expensive than buying fabric paints. However, I did end having to do about three coats of paint. Let it dry overnight, then peel off the paper. My outcome was, well, ok. Does it look homemade, definitely. It was my first attempt, so perhaps my technique will improve next time. I had a little bleeding beyond the stencil. I think I'll try next time with fabric paint, perhaps it will end up less runny? Think that I'll use one of these for a lunch tote. I have about a million of these little totes, bought for practically nothing, so you'll probably see more of this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment