Thursday, July 8, 2010

Missouri Botanical Gardens; Sculptures by Chihuly

I recently returned from a visit across the great midwest. Managed to visit 4 states! Iowa, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas. Aren't you jealous?? Ha! I actually LOVE the midwest and consider it my home. It was great to be back there. I spent the longest amount of time visiting my sister and her family, near St Louis. She has quite the brood that requires (as all children do) constant entertainment. Which in the summer time, means outings!! I am my mother's daughter and love outings, so I didn't mind at all. One of day we ventured out to the Missouri Botanical Gardens. It's one of the loveliest places to visit in St Louis, in my opinion. They happen to have a dinosaur exhibit going on right now, called DinoQuest, so even my 3 year old nephew enjoyed it. And "ROAR"ed at us for the rest of the day. I, the wannabe art lover that I am, was very taken with the glass sculptures by Dave Chihuly that we featured in a few places in the garden. They were so vibrant and unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment