Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day/4 Things


Happy Mother's Day!
I am not yet a mother but imagine that it isn't an easy journey.  Most things worth doing aren't.  I've been thinking a lot about my mom today.  And for all the gifts she's given me.  There are more than I could mention, but a few that came to mind...
-Faith.  Faith in God and in myself.
-A love of reading.  We were always visiting the library and bookstores.
-A love of color.  Red is our favorite!
-A love of beauty.  She'd make my dad pull over and pull wildflowers to plant in our front yard.
-Sewing.  And crafting.  And making stuff.  Which has shaped my life in ways I didn't think were possible.
So on this Mother's Day, I am so thankful. 

And now on to this week's 4 things:
-Here in MN, they say the state bird is the mosquito!  Lots and lots of bugs in the summer.  Instead of drenching myself in DEET, I might give this all natural bug spray a shot.
-I feel like I've fallen into a rut with handmade gifts.  Here's a new idea: snappy manicure wallet.  Would also be a great scrap buster!
-With spring finally reaching the upper Midwest, I can't help but think about picnics
-And on that picnic, how about serving the Best Snickerdoodles Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment