Friday, April 19, 2013

4 Things.



-Now that the weather is getting nice, I see picnics and bbqs in our future.  I do love a pasta salad and think this one seems simple, easy and is so beautiful!  You could throw in some pepperoni or ham for a little protein.
-Mindy Kaling.  Have you been watching her show on Fox, The Mindy Project?  I was sort of late to this party, but have been watching the previous episodes on the Fox TV app.  She is funny, like really funny.  I also recently read her book, "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)".  Which is smart, funny, honest and touching.  I read every night before I go to sleep and it's not often that I read anything that makes me actually laugh out loud.  Buy this book to read this summer while traveling or sitting on the beach or simply while sitting on your couch.  It's perfect for any occasion.
-Need to do a little shopping?  Might I recommend checking out Brickyard Buffalo?  They are an online pop-up market that sells many handmade items from small businesses often at a big discount. I recently bought this deal from Gingiber.  I love dishtowels and decided to replace a few in my collection.  They are adorable and excellent quality and came within a week.
-Earlier this year, I bought a Keurig, which I love, but in warmer weather, I like iced coffee. In the past, I've seen some recipes for iced coffee that were for really big batches. And used a whole pound of ground coffee. I found this intimidating.  I found this cold brewed iced coffee and it only uses 1/3 cup of ground coffee.  Think I'll give it a shot next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment